Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Why 4 boys?

So, why 4 boys? It doesn't match up to the whole profile image, right? 2 boys plus 1 on the way equals 3 boys. Ok...I know you all are thinking about the so cliche line about the husband being just another boy to take care of and all the jokes that go along with it. But, when your husband is a man, one can only hope that there is indeed a boy within that man. The boy gives the life that makes living with the man not just enjoyable but desirable. A man who knows how to be a boy is, in my opinion, the most admirable quality one can find in a man. Let me make my point very clear. I do not mean someone who has to make a joke out of everything and doesn't know when to be serious and doesn't take responsibility for his actions and doesn't help take care of his family. I am talking about a man who doesn't always need to be the joker, but has one on hand to deliver at the right time. I am talking about a man who knows when it is necessary to not be serious. I am talking about a man who feels his responsibility to God, to his family and to others. I am talking about a man who will give his kids a bath, help do the dishes and even make the bed for his wife on a regular basis. This is a man who cares, and the same caring man, when he feels safe, can be the boy that brings the life to the home....and you will always make sure to take care of him. Because of the life of this boy, you will always want to be at home.

2 comments:

Erin said...

hi kim! welcome to blogspot:)

liz said...

Great blog...I just have to say that in addition to what Kim has said, we as wives must remember to keep our attitude and heart toward taking care of our husband and wanting to be at home with him even if he is lacking those great qualities that she speaks of... because it is not about us, he was not given to us, we were given to him as a helpmeet from the very beginning.
... And I am only posting this because Kim told us to talk :)