Monday, June 30, 2008

A Child Thinking About God

The other day my son asked,

"What part of our body did God make first? I really, really want to know."

To which my husband replied,

"He didn't make any part first, He made them and put them all together at the same time."

And my sons response?

"WOW! That is really cool! I never thought He could do that!?!?!?"


So, I've been pondering this little interchange between my husband and son. My son expressed his belief with his whole heart that God did indeed create not just his body, but all bodies, and was just curious to know where God started in the whole process. Never did he imagine that God could make each part of his body and put it all together at the same time! The answer more than satisfied his current curiosity and the conversation was done. But how often do I consider that God can put a lot of things together at the same time and put them together perfectly and meet more than a hundred needs in the matter of a moment, needs I don't even know exist.

There was such a burst of emotion in realizing that God can put a lot of things together at the same time. I wonder how that enables a child to trust God more, to wonder more, to crave Him more, to rest in Him, to be secure in Him. To just know that more than a hundred needs is an elementary task for Him. Oh, to think like a child at these times. To just believe and rest completely.


"For you have died, and the life you now live is hidden with Christ in God." Colossians 3:5



1 comment:

darlene said...

Ok, so I am doing this backwards,
but I think I want to be the president of your fan club! You
painted a beautiful picture with
your words Kim. I hope you continue to write. There is no
telling what the Lord will do with
your sweet heart. I just love you=)